hotels in NO?

Any suggestions - rates, deals locations. I've never been there before so I definately out of my element!

Zander

Reply to
Zander

When I went to my first SWW in New Orleans in 2000, I just searched on line. If you look for small hotels in the French Quarter or near the convention center you will find something within easy walking distance that is at least somewhat charming and probably quite a bit cheaper than the big hotels on the SWW website.

Jerry Steiger

Try the Hilton Garden Inn, Convention Center. It is supposedly right next to the Convention Center and is approx $110/nt vs the "official" hotels at $189+.

Zander wrote:

Reply to
Nascar

Thanks for the info,

I just checked the hilton garden and it posts rates of 199$ as the cheapest.... hmmm!

Zander

Nascar wrote:

Reply to
Zander

Zander,

I booked at the Hilton garden Inn at $118 a night, but that was two months ago tomorrow.

Muggs

Zander wrote:

Reply to
Muggs

I've procrastinated forever... I registered in september but havn't made any other arrangments - it's been a busy few months.

Zander

Muggs wrote:

Reply to
Zander

Well if you decide to stay at the Hilton Garden (or even if you don't) let me know so i can put a face with a name.

Muggs

Zander wrote:

Reply to
Muggs

I will! - ps. It seems there is no reason to attend on Sunday? The agenda is pretty sparse...

Zander

Muggs wrote:

Reply to
Zander

Just returned from there. Stayed in the Sheraton which is a couple of blocks from Convention Centre. Not sure of the hotel price on its own though because I booked a flights/hotel package on expedia, but overall was happy with the price.

Reply to
Donegalforever