Text marking on an O.D.

I have a tube that I need to engrave a serial number to the outside of, I was wondering if this is possible to do with SolidWorks 2004. I can not get it to work on a non-flat surface, but I need to show our vendor exactly how and where to engrave, just like it is shown on our customers print (Pro-E). I am hoping SolidWorks does have this technology. Any advice here would be helpful.

Reply to
Obie

How about using the "Wrap" feature? You can use text in the sketch and then use the "Wrap" feature to apply it to a curved surface. You can make it embossed or raised with this feature.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Charney