Thoughts and ideas wanted on animating a part...

I have a part that I need to animate.

Imagine a flower bud that I need to show going from the closed stage all the way through to the open flower stage.

I have created a model using dimensioned lofted "petals" and guide curves, and then trying to come up with dimensional steps to make a stop motion kind of animation, but I need this to look smooth and clean.

Any thoughts on this out there?

--Matt Schroeder

Reply to
Matt Schroeder

if yo take the drive curve of the loft say for axample a spline you can drive it from an assembly and hide the drive key or the item you would set as a path point this would in effect drag your curve so it would look as if the petal was altering shape

Reply to
mikemcdermid

Well,... not really but I'll play with this model I created using configurations.

I think Mike Wilson's animations could work with it to drive the sketches..

Wouldn't it be nice to do a animation based from configurations though??

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Wow Paul, great job!

Yep, I was able to make an animation out of it in a matter of minutes using one simple equation...

's_animated_flowers.zip A child's garden of...
's_animated_garden.zip What's so cool about using equations is that you can drag and drop as many parts into an assembly as you want and they all animate together. No need to set up a bunch of freakin paths.

That would be the best Animator enhancement ever.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Hey Paul....Mike.

Was the avi animated from setting the flowers in the different configs, or was it the design table that drove the animation?

Reply to
Arthur Y-S

I tell ya what ya gotta do..

*) Download and open Paul's file *) Swith to the first configuration (closed) *) Edit "Sketch3"

You will see the diameter dimension .100. This is the dimension you want to drive with an equation.

*) Create a new equation and select the "Add" button *) Select the .100 dim and create an equation similar to this...

"D1@Sketch3"="D1@Sketch3"+.1

*) Exit the sketch and hit "Rebuild" several times.

You will see the petals begin to slowly open. Each time your rebuild, the flower grows.

With Animator, you simply enable Screen Capture and keep hitting rebuild until you are satisfied with the results. The resulting AVI file will play just like mine.

You don't even need animator if you've been keeping up with the newsgroup. There are methods others have on their websites to do this with free utilities.

Now, what I like to do is use a simple macro that automates the rebuilding process. I just type in the number of rebuilds I want and it does the rest.

If you want to get clever and have the flower stop growing or close back up, you can use the IIF statement in your equations to do all kinds of automated things.

If you drop Paul's part into an assembly and create your equation there, each time you drop another flower in your assembly, it will automatically animate.

If you drop a sub assembly into a top assembly and pattern it, you can animate an entire feild.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

I bow to the master....I am not worthy, I am truly not worth. (j/k)

:)

Thanks a million Mike, it was very helpful.

Reply to
Arthur Y-S

What da hell u talk'n 'bout, boy!?

.. ;^)