sw2004: ok so do the drawing improvements actually work?

ok so reading here vie come to the conclusion that:

- realview slows rotates, takes minutes to generate, and bloats surface models ....and weldments is only half implemented not handling curves....

-so does the 10-15 x improvement in drawing performance bear out? or does this have proviso as well?

Reply to
neil

Using RealView all the time is pretty stupid if you ask me. I don't really need to look at shinny Chrome while I add or modify features, and the glare they can create will blind you if you stared at it all the time.

Weldments is neat, but yes, it doesn't do curves and there are a few other nagging corner treatments and others that I would like to see.

The quickness of creating a drawing is pretty neat. Yes it can be quite fast to "throw" together something. I like it. The BOM lacks some features that a lot of folks need. Don't do hole tables, so don't know but heard they have a few limitations. The Revision Table is neat. Chnage the Rev "number" from A to 1, and all the rev blocks change. Neat.

Reply to
Mr. Pickles