SW2004 drawing view border

What appears to take the most time in a drawing is when I resize a view border. Seemingly regardless of what's in the view, it takes 14 seconds to come back ready for the next thing.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Forget it - somehow I had more that one SW session trying to run - I had to push "the button" to kill the whole machine. Works fine now.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Related to drawing views: when I have dynamic drawing view activation on and I would like to save drawing as a jpg, there will be red thin line over one view in that jpg. Ok, I can make view borders so large that it's not a problem, but hey, this save jpg seems to be just an ugly screenshot which I can do much better with IrfanView for example..

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Back on this one. I do not have more than one session running, but every change of a drawing border size, or change of a scale in a drawing view takes 7 seconds to come back. Anyone else seeing this?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Just realized that the borders behave properly as the drawing is opened. But as time goes on, it takes longer & longer to come back from a change in size. The solution, therefore is to restart SW about every 5 minutes. :-(

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I was told this was going to be addressed in SP2.

Reply to
SWuser