SW2004 out??

So what's up with the "official" announcements about SW2004 being out?
It looks like it's available to buy now, however, beta testing just
started, so I don't think so. If not available "over the counter,"
then why all the fuss?
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
I read the same stuff and wondered the same. Here is what me thinks the deal is...Solidworks just "unveiled" it. They didn't release it. Kind of like a car company. They just unveiled cars for 2004 and some 2005 modles, but you can't buy them.
Other places (like SolidMag), claims it is released, but I beg to differ. Actually, Beta 2 was just released for download.
Of course, I could be wrong....
Mr. Pickles
Reply to
Mr. Pickles
"SolidWorks 2004 is available immediately for purchase in 12 languages worldwide."
That makes it sound like you can have your own copy today.
Jason
Reply to
Jason
The press-release stated it was "available for immediate purchase" in many countries. This sounds like is already out - otherwise these companies are just buying "air".
Reply to
JeffH
I can not believe the confusion. This is exactly what they did when they released 2003. It is a marketing thing. Mine was released, stating the features before yours.
Reply to
SWuser
yeah the damn annoying thing to all us customers WHO DO PAY NEARLY 5 GRAND FOR LEGIT SOFTWARE AND SUPPORT IS THAT SOME SCUMBAG WILL HAVE WRITTEN A DONGLE EMULATOR AND POSTED 2004 ON KAZAA
probably so it might already be out
Reply to
mikemcdermid

Site Timeline