SW videos

Not sure if this is old news for people here, (I'm a noob) but Youtube (among others) has SW videos. Normally, you can't download a vid from these
places, but I used an FLV converter allowing me to keep them on my local drive for future reference. Of course, if your an expert SW'er, ignore this...... Mark

I use Inventor and SW projects from books and the assembly projects in drafting texts for my practice.
Bob

Good tip. Here's another one (sort of) SolidWorks has some terrific video content, especially if you missed or forgot the 'what's new in 2008' demo by your VAR. The site is: http://www.solidworks.com/pages/programs/SWW_iPod/index.html
I recommended it to my guys before they start using SWx 2008, and I recommend it to y'all. I sure would like to look at it again when my customers start asking for jobs in 2008 so I can brush up.
Now for the bad news - the freaking tools who put this together made it available only in the DRM format MP4 which can only be played on iPods or on iTunes. I know what they were thinking - the iTunes software is free and of course EVERYONE has iPods. Freaking tools.
They forgot that many (if not most) folks work in environments whose I.T. departments will not allow them to load software onto their systems.
And even though I don't have such a restriction, to insure my systems productivity (and on basic principle) I do not want iTunes filthy little cancer going through my system (and yes, I know how to use msconfig to keep it out of the startup process so it doesn't hijack resources as it sits in the background, sucking memory and processor time just in case I might need it) Apple software can be insiduous - I tried to uninstall Quicktime once, and, well, burn me once, shame on me....
Why they didn't set this up in a DRM-free format is beyond me. It takes just as much time to publish in a format that everyone can see, whether it is Windows Media player or iTunes/iPods ( and yes, I alerted the folks at SWx I know about this issue)
But for all of you who have video iPods or can - or wish to - install iTunes onto your systems (so what percentage of SWx base is that???), you have a pretty interesting pile of videos to look at.
a bitter, bitter, Ed
Try this :-)
http://dhost.info/jack1024/mp4toavi_en /
On Apr 30, 3:50pm, Phil Evans ( snipped-for-privacy@tagaerospace.com) wrote:

Thanks. Have you used it? Any malware problems?
Hi Ed, the latest free download Quicktime from Apple aslo plays these files on the PC.
Try the VLC Media Player from www.videoLAN.org . It plays all sorts of formats of sound and video files, including handling streaming. I got it after seeing it recommended on various sites.
John H

You can install Realplayer latest version and you can download videos from youtubes or similar sites and can play them on real player or vlcplayer.
Deepak