I'm outta here!

OK, people, it was fun while it lasted. When AOL stopped carrying this Group, my link to it became tedious at best. All the off topic junk and petty bickering is getting to me, too. I confess I've a part of some of it in the past, but no more. I'll still be glad to help and give advice in any way I can from my 20+ years of experience in R/C. Look me up in RCU.

In the air, Dr.1

Reply to
Dr1

On 2 Jul 2005 04:52:20 -0700, "Dr1" wrote in :

Happy landings!

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

This is why I quit my local club (and I was president); way too much bickering. To make a point, check out the latest news letter from that club at...

It tells it all on page 2. I quit some 4-5 years ago after the same stuff was happening and it is still happening.

Sad really...

Reply to
CJ

Same reason why I avoid the AMA. The bickering! Mainly by those claiming to be like Ford with a better idea.

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Good luck. As for the bickering, you can always refuse to get involved

Lots of other posts to read and respond. That's what I do

-- mode

this thread:

mode1

Yeah! Exactly. The hobby seems to be getting looked over by significant numbers. Judging by the number of Park Flyer types leaving the hobby shops. But the AMA and local clubs continue to be stagnant in their growth. On the other hand, more flying seems to be happening in the local parks. Wonder when the saviors of the AMA are going to take notice and realize where their problems really lay?

It's been so nice here since the AMA pundits took their boasts, bravado and BS elsewhere. Hope they stay gone!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Reply to
MGordo