new in air/rc

i'm new in rc and please help me to chose:

graupner/jr mx12 - 4/7/1 - (flaps control ?) graupner/jr mc15/6 - 4/7/1 graupner/jr mc10 - 4/7/1 graupner/jr x408 - 4/4/1 hitec laser 4 (full set) hitec laser 6 (full set) hitec flash x 5 (full set) hitec optic 6 (full set)

thanks in advance

Realdo, Croatia

Reply to
Realdo

What do you plan to fly with this radio?

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Hi Paul, at first, high wing trainer. dimension of spadet lc40 but made with styrofoam and covered one play (abt 1mm) with epoxy. powered with tt46pro. next plane .......... will see :)

Realdo

Reply to
Realdo

i'm new in rc and please help me to chose radio gear for trainer and maybe next plane.. :)

graupner/jr mx12 - 4/7/1 - (flaps control ?) graupner/jr mc15/6 - 4/7/1 graupner/jr mc10 - 4/7/1 graupner/jr x408 - 4/4/1 hitec laser 4 (full set) hitec laser 6 (full set) hitec flash x 5 (full set) hitec optic 6 (full set)

thanks in advance

Realdo, Croatia

Reply to
Realdo

Realdo, I'm not really sure on Graupner stuff, but I'll chip in and suggest buying the most advanced radio you can if you plan to stay in the hobby. That way if you want to fly something "bigger and better" in the future, you will have a radio that will be capable of flying more advanced models.

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee

I'm not trying to be a jerk Morris, but I'm genuinely interested. I've heard this advice a lot and wonder if it works.

My dad and I must have gone through 20 radios in the past 12 years, from our first four channel through some pretty heavy duty computer radios. We probably did everything wrong by the traditional advice.

My dad gave me a JR X347 recently. It cost him a good chunk of change back in the day.

It's a bit beat up. One toggle switch is broken. The battery won't hold a charge. Beyond that, the "computer" is a little dated as well as the button interface and LCD readout. In short, it's a pile 'o junk that's useful for me as a simulator radio. I plan to use it practicing Reflex XTR heli flying. It lasted 10 years, what more could I expect? But then again, it might not have lasted 10 years if it were the only radio we had.

Anyway, I'm wondering if the wear and tear, depreciation, and multiple radio purchases interfere with the "best radio" advice. Has anyone carried their first radio through the years to advanced flying?

Reply to
Hey Zeus

Well I quickly realised that to fly more than two models and to fly in particular wings, I needed something with a bit of computer power.

I got a Futaba FF6. This year I ran out of models..thought about an FF8 with a campac, thought about an Evo12, but in the end I got another, slightly beat up, FF6 off Ebay, fixed it, and that will do me nicely.

I thought about the 6EXA but I didn't like the 'digital trims'

FF6's are fairly cheap on ebay as people move on up to whatever is better (or leave the hobby), and I think its about the right balance of complexity for most beginner/intermediate pilots.

If I stay in the hobby, I will one day treat myself to an Evo, as I like the fully programmable nature of it. But for now the FF6 apart from a few idisosynracies, does all I need, and two means I can fly different frequencies easily.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks to all for replay. My first step is trainer. spadet lc40. My second plane ....... maybe.....and some like my first plane but with low positioned wing. I'am not so young and how long i can stay with rc ???? In this case some cheap hitec or graupner/jr 4-6 ch radio is probably ok. Computerised - ok, and price range from 100 - 200 euro ok. Diference between hitec and graupner/jr is sets content. (in Germany) In Hitec box is all you need for start, but Graupner/jr sets is less receiver battery, charger and only one servo per box. Hitec laser 4 (full set) cca 120E hitec laser 6 (full set) cca 130E hitec flash 5 (full set) cca 130E hitec optic 6 (full set) cca 200E graupner/jr mx 12 (6/7/1) less rec bat, charger, with one servo cca 150E graupner/jr mc15/6 (4/7/1) " " " cca 150E graupner/jr x408 (4/4/1) " " " cca 50E

And I have two engine, one for spadet lc 40 and one for....... I dont know. (tt46pro and st gs45)

Any more suggestions about first radio?

thanks

Realdo Croatia

Reply to
Realdo

As I said before, I'm ignorant about Graupner radio gear, but Hitec systems offer a lot of value for the money. I prefer Hitec flight packs for my models (I have a Futaba 8U radio, known in Europe as an FF8, and use it to control several models). I suppose it comes down to what you want to do with the radio system. If you feel you are going to fly just one model, a basic 4 channel system will work fine. However, for 10 Euros more, you can get the Flash 5 that has computerized mixing, memories for several models, etc.

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee

"