tip of the day

I always chamfered nuts & other polygons by sketching a suitable triangle then revolve cutting about the axis. Ok but a bit slow. New method convert the inscribed polygon defining circle in a new sketch, cut extrude,flip side to cut, draft angle 60 and your done.

Reply to
solid steve

I do the same with 2 minor variations

Instead of converting edges I use the inscribed circle and uncheck the construction line property, I then extrude using contour selection and share the sketch

and

before doing the cut I make a plane at the midpoint of one of the extruded edges. Then after making the cut Mirror it over the plane and both sides are done.

Corey

Reply to
CS

I also do the mirror thing, but not so fond of sharing sketches.

Steve

CS wrote:

Reply to
solid steve