Tool Body Cuts?

Is there a way to create a swept cut through an existing body along a helical path using a solid (rather than a profile sketch) as the cutting
tool? This general sort of operation is central to the function of CAM programs (removing material with a tool body), so I believe the geometry kernel should be able to solve the feature.
Any thoughts?
Thank you,
Mike
Tiny increment pattern your cutter toolbody along the tool path. Now, what's a kernel again?

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/SolidWorks%20Tutorials/SolidWorks%20Tutorial%2011.pdf
Your CNC programer probably only needs the centerline displacement diagram. Pattern a cylindrical extrude cut along a path is also an interesting technique but tends to really slow things down with a high pattern increment. I've also tried sweep with guide surface but not too sure about the resulting geometry and get errors especially for closed loops.
To create a realistic tool path you have to do it in incremental steps. I had started to do this using the API once and got it working on a 2d path and it worked pretty well. I would have to check where I left off with it. I have quite a bit more experience now I might be able to get further with it. The key is you have to sweep it and revolve at each corner. Sweep the profile along a path and whenever there is a sharp corner or a corner with a radius smaller than the tool radius you have to create a cut revolve. You end up with alot of features but a pretty accurate tool path. CAM systems use a lower accuracy level than a CAD system. Normally to get a quick toolpath cut through a part you have to use around +-.004" accuracy. If you go down to .0005 you are conciderably slower. So for speed you sacrifice accuracy. SolidWorks on the otherhand is working with much higher accuracy.
Regards, Corey Scheich