new user with doubt

Hello everybody, I'm sorry to start with a doubt, but I have been trying in other sw forums but can't seem to manage to solve this modeling riddle:

I have a profile, and a bunch of paths. The paths are all contained in the same sketch I want that profile to create different sweeps for every path in the sketch, but of course I can't select the path because there are multiple open lines in the sketch.

pd. It is difficult to explain but it would be a bit like modeling a fingerprint, by having a triangle for the profile, and a hell of a lot of weird splines for the paths but all contained in a single sketch)

I couldn't find anything like this in the sw help or anywhere in the net, Do you have any suggestion on how to go about with this? Thanks a lot

Reply to
industrialdesigner77

Hello industrialdesigne,

You've overlooked the basic need to have the profile sketch separate from the path!

Once the first swept feature is created the "absorbed" profile sketch can be selected from the Feature Manager for reuse with a second path. (Note: Each path must reside within its own sketch.)

The profile will be in one sketch and ALL paths can be together in another to serve as a sort of sandbox from which you can create the required individual sketches. Just open a new sketch (on the same plane as the group of paths) and convert one path into it. Repeat this process for each of the other paths.

Good luck - you have some experimentation to do...

Per O. Hoel ________________________________

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
POH

So the sketches will be linked to the main sketch..which is good. That will definetly work but I was somehow hoping to skip the whole kerfuffle of converting every single path into a new sketch. You are right I need more planning before starting to build..sniff I will do that.

Thanks for the help POH

Reply to
industrialdesigner77

You *can* use contour select to pick individual segments from your path-jumble sketch.

I only mention that on background, though - you will be suprised with how little hassle the 'new sketch'/'convert entities' route is, and how comparitevly frustrating (at least for me) the contour select is. Seriously, converting edges is really fast, and if you are doing a lot you will get a rhythm down.

Ed

Reply to
ed1701