what is swBOengine.exe

What does the swBOengine sit and do? IT tends to be left running all the time, even after crashes. I did a search, and it's the scheduler apparently, but what is it scheduling?

Thanks,

Lee

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette

That is the scheduled task manager from 2004.

Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Geling

And it sucks...

"Johnny Gel>

Reply to
Mr Atari

It really sucks that the scheduler runs in the background without notice...

I'm looking right now and it takes up 8 MEG of ram, but as far as I'm concerned I have NOT scheduled or ordered anything...

That sucks...

"TT" skrev i meddelandet news:G1sab.383137$Oz4.160504@rwcrnsc54...

Reply to
Mr Atari

If you do a custom install, you can choose not to install it. Perhaps with the new installer, you can modify your installation and remove it. I haven't tried modifying an installation yet. I'm not sure how it would go.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Agree, it's a nuisance.

I wrote SWX during beta testing and asked them to disable it but no replies.

what I do is manually disable it from the taskmgr and turn it back on before I use the scheduler. you can drill down and find the swBOEngine.exe and create a shortcut for ease of starting.

the new software comes with more labor/memory intensive programs.

Reply to
Navy Diver

I replied during Beta testing also (because it locked up upon PC shutdown). They told me they would make the option to "turn it off" available. I haven't looked lately, but I believe that Dale is right and it is in Custom. Of course, there is no document to tell you that, but some old wise arses always use Custom on programs, just to see what Custom is and does...

Mr Pickles

Reply to
Mr. Pickles