What is the SLDWORKS.exe.hdmp files about?

Hi all,

Does anyone know what these huge 1GB files named "SLDWORKS.exe.hdmp" are for?

They get created on my hard drive in a folder that is not controlled by the SW file location settings: C:\Documents and Settings\me\Local Settings\Temp\WER05d7.dir00 C:\Documents and Settings\me\Local Settings\Temp\WER05f7.dir00 C:\Documents and Settings\me\Local Settings\Temp\WER03e7.dir00 .....

They seem to hang about forever.

Any harm in deleting?

Regards,

BB

SW2005 SP3.1 WIN XP SP2

Reply to
BurfordBulldog

My guess is that it is something left-over from a SW crash or something.

Basically, everything within the C:\Documents and Settings\me\Local Settings\Temp\ folder can be safely deleted. There are times that the system will not let you delete certain temp files that are in use. No biggie. Just delete everything else.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

I guess that the "hdmp" is abbreviation for "heap dump".

-h-

Reply to
Heikki Leivo