What's for lunch today,.... Chicken?

Saw this today in a email from Next Limit...

..

Reply to
zxys

oh, and the link to this guys site...

http://www.> Saw this today in a email from Next Limit...

Reply to
zxys

mmmm....just ate though.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Reply to
Sporkman

Yes that is straight rendered. When you get into multi weighted materials, micro poly displacement, bump and normal mapping etc. then the results are very realistic, and it's improving almost daily.

Reply to
Zander

yeah,.. but it's not quite there...I mean,.. is there a scratch-n- sniff BlueTooth plug-in option?

.. 8^)

Reply to
zxys

I'm sure they'll just beam the scent directly into your brain some day soon!

yeah,.. but it's not quite there...I mean,.. is there a scratch-n-

Reply to
Zander

How are they capturing specular/roughness information?

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

The materials are multi layered where each layer can be weighted or it's appearance controlled by an image map. ie. black shows one layer white shows another and grey scales are blends between. The number of layers aren't limited.

This makes it easy to have chipped paint revealing rusted metal wherever the chips are for example. (or show crispy bits of chicken)

Also, roughness or bump/normal aniso etc are all controllable by value or by image map. So again it becomes possible to introduce realistic variation in materials.

Zander

Reply to
Zander