What video card for Solidworks 2005

Given the coice between Nvidia Quadro & 3Dlabs Oxygen, which would you choose and why?. They cost aroubd the same, just interested in people experiences/ opinions with the brands... Thanks Dragan Music

Reply to
Dragan Music

Dragon

3D Labs Oxygen is old (ancient in computer years) technology. I don't even think you can buy a one new anymore, very very slow by todays standards. The VP series that replaced it doesn't have a very good track record with CAD. They seem to have shifted their focus to 3D digital content creation, (animation, games, etc.)

The newest "Realizm" series looks interesting, but it seems their focus is still DCC. Nvidia pretty much aced them out of the 3D CAD world.

Six or seven years ago, we used nothing but 3D labs Oxygen cards. The VP series was such a dissapointment, we went to Nvidia Quadros. They dominate the market today for a reason, they work.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Mark Mossberg

Switched to an NVidia 4000. Works better than Solidworks.

-Martin

Reply to
Martin