Where to find Model Informatiun besides Mass/Propertes

Well, here I am again, the pain in the u know what , asking you Solidworks Gurus yet another questiun. For example we will use a wire formed in the shape of an "S",made by sweep. Where do I go in Solidworks to get the exact linear dimensiun of a model of a wire-shaped part. Boss man wants to know the exact length of wire needed to making this part. I know I can go to Tools/Mass Propertes.. and get mass, volume, dencity, etc, but for some reason "perimetor". Or "linear" dimensiun is not included??? Is there a places to go where this is all calculated, or am I expecting SWX to be too much like Autocad? I do not wish you to be thinking that I did not search the help files. I have found, to my dismay, that unless you can word what you are looking for with exactniss, chances are you will not find. I am thanking you for your effort, Hajji Kumaraju

Reply to
hkumaraju

Have you tried the Measure Tool on the sketch for the path of the sweep?

Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider

quoted text -

Yes I did roll back to the single line sketch of the path and selected it and used the measuring tool and I did get the perimetor length, thanking you very much. Hajji

Reply to
hkumaraju

You shouldn't have to roll back. If you show the sketch and can pick it that should be all you need to get it into measure.

If the sketch is made up of arcs and lines you can dimension all of them and then create an equation summing the dimensions and use that to drive the length of a single straight line which of course is the length of your "S".

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Has anyone checked the masses of a assembled part, I just had something made and the finished mass was not correct?

Reply to
kbonk

I haven't noticed any problems with the mass of parts that wasn't pilot error. Are you sure that the density of your part is correct? Is the same configuration being used to make the parts that you are measuring?

Jerry Steiger