gasket sweep

Hi,

I have a rather complex part that uses another (mating) part to create a gasket groove in it. I am using a cavity feature in the context of the assembly to create the groove (not in a single plane). However, I'd like to expand the groove in all directions to allow for a clearance fit. I am presently trying to use a cut sweep using the cavity contour as the sweep path. There is a twist in the sweep I can't rid myself of. What can I do to overcome this? All attemps to use guide curves have failed. I am willing to share the part if necessary (though I don't know how I can do this).

I tried this series of steps on a simpler part wthout issue.

Any other approaches are welcome.

SWX 2006

Thanks MT

Reply to
mjt

In the sweep, you can use the twist settings and tell it you want it to twist 0 turns.

Another thing you can do is use a planar path (project the 3D path onto a plane), using that for the path and the 3D curve for a guide curve.

Or you could just use the "Move Face" feature, with the "offset" sett> Hi,

Reply to
matt

Matt,

Well done! The "Move face" option was the ticket.

Appreciated.

MT

Reply to
mjt