length of sweep??

I've created a wiring schematic in 3D, now i want to find out the length of the wire needed.
How do I get the length of the sweep in SW2006??
samurai.
samurai wrote:

Click on the 3d sketch spline you want the length of and then click on tools-Measure. this will give you arc length and chord length. The arc length is the length of the line the chord is the length of a line that goes from the start to the finish of the by the shortest route possible.
If you have multiple segments of lines arcs and splines control-select all of them and then tools-measure and it will give you the total length
Ben
On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 00:38:10 GMT, Ben Eadie

Thanks! That seems to work for measuring along the 3d spline.. It also gives the total surface area of the swept part, which really has no use to me. I was hoping to select the whole swept part, and get "properites" or "info" on the whole thing. Oh well.
samurai.
samurai
If you are getting the surface area you are not selecting the right stuff, you need to select the lines curves and splines only....
If you select the surface you will get area and perimeter.
If you select the lines and splines in the sketch you get the length of the lines
1. In the feature manager locate the sketch with the lines (it will be in the surface feature (hit the '+' sign and it will show up)) right click and choose show
2. Select the lines and splines and hit measure
3. If you cannot see the sketches clearly right mouse click the feature and hit hide (the sketch will still be visible) and follow step 2
Ben

Get the volume of your body and devide it by the surface area of the profile.
Ben Eadie schreef:

Thanks guys, I figured it all out. It would be nice to just select the sweep, and get the volume, surface area and length in some sort of properites table.
samurai.