Occlusion Culling

I turned on Occlusion Culling in CATIA, and it did not seem to improve performance (render/visualization speed). Am I missing a setting? Isn't occlusion culling used to improve perf by not rendering visually hidden frames?

Reply to
ppadmana

Software culling really isn't necessary anymore with modern graphics cards like the Geforce and Quadro. They automatically perform hierarchical Z-order operations and Z-buffer culling. OpenGL has had this capability for many years and has been used in games and professional applications alike.

If you're using a software OpenGL renderer (CPU only) your not likely to see any benefit from culling while your processor is taxed with so much else.

Reply to
deimos