Atlas Granite Gorge and Northern

Has anyone built this layout, It looks to suit my plans very well. It is in the biik Six HO Layouts You Can Build, an older version, I think the book is now Seven, and is on the Atlas Web Page. I plan to use flex track and Pico Switches, and DCC. Also do a couple modifications.

One of my concerns is the grades look steep.

Wondering about experiences, good and bad.

Any coments, suggestions appreciated.

Wally

Reply to
Wally

Wally wrote: Has anyone built this layout, It looks to suit my plans very well. It is in the biik Six HO Layouts You Can Build, an older version, I think the book is now Seven, and is on the Atlas Web Page. I plan to use flex track and Peco Switches, and DCC. Also do a couple modifications.

------------------------------------------------ One of my favorites! John Armstrong designed this layout. I started to build it in the late-1960s but other things got in the way and I didn't get past cutting the lumber.

I think you'll derive a lot of pleasure from the construction and the completed layout. Good luck!

History of N Scale:
Links to over 500 helpful sites:

Bill

I built the layout, and enjoyed it a great deal. I put a single crossover in the upper right.

The only issue was the track under the lower left of the double bridge

- the bridge supports interfered, and I both moved the track and made a more slender pier.

Reply to
Rusty

I built that layout back in the middle 60"s. It had a lot of action for it's size. Back then it was analog with blocks, now it would be better with DCC. All in all, the plans were good and it wasn't hard to builld, even for a newbie, which I was then. I know you will have fun with it. Ed

Reply to
Edward Kahn