Demagnatizing Tweezers

My tweezers are magnatized. How do I demagnatize them. Thanks

Reply to
Billm10454

A low voltage AC coil using the AC from your throttle.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Sometimes just dropping them onto a hard surface will randomize the magnetic alignment.

Ed

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Christopher A. Lee at snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote on 6/21/04 10:40 AM:

Reply to
Edward A. Oates

.

core (the plates of iron) of an energized transformer and SLOWLY removing them. As the AC flux from the transformer fades to nothing as you move the tool away, the magnetizing fades. The bigger the tool, the larger the tranformer and more power it should be using. For wrenches I use the welder, for tweezers a walwart (with a load) is often enough.

John H.

Reply to
John H

If you know an old tape audio tweak, he or she will have a demagnetizer. They are a standard part of the mag tape audio kit to demag various parts, including the heads, of a tape machine. They aren't that expensive, and basically do what John H. specified below, but are purpose build and safer than fooling around with a plugged in transformer.

Cheapest would be to buy some new tweezers and save the magnetized ones to pick up small Ferro magnetic articles.

Ed

in article snipped-for-privacy@enews4.newsguy.com, John H at snipped-for-privacy@netidea.com wrote on 6/21/04 12:18 PM:

Reply to
Edward A. Oates

Reply to
Billm10454

Or, if you have a soldering gun, pass the tweezers between the two poles of the gun while you're pulling the trigger....

Reply to
Gary M. Collins

Best way I've found is to pass the tweezers (screwdriver, what-have-you) between the elements on a soldering gun while holding the trigger "on". This will pass an AC magnetic field thru the tool, randomizing the charge. I'm talkeing about a 100-150 watt weller type soldering gun. Works slick, for small tools, obviously...

Reply to
Roger King

I got sick of looking for ways to demagnetize my stuff. So, for about 15 bucks I picked up Akai Reel-to-reel Bulk Tape Eraser. That baby will demmagnetize everything (including of course all you magentic tapes and credit cards) ! I just pass my plastic tool tray right by it and *ALL* my tools get demagnetized in an instant ! Oh, I bought it on eBay.

And the eraser is nice and small so it is easy to store.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Got one and it works as you stated.

Kinda heavy though.

Ray H.

Reply to
Whodunnit

Stick them in the loop of a soldering gun and remove them while the loop is energized. Rick Larson

Bush/Orwell 2004

Reply to
Rugurr

Billm10454 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com:

Could you put them on top of your computer monitor and hit the degause button? Or just put them there when you first turn the computer on.

Reply to
Gordon Reeder

I doubt this would work, as the degauss on monitors focuses the field inward towards the face of the tube, and is actually not very strong. If anyone has tried this I would be interested to know results.

John H.

Reply to
John H