Did I missed something or what????

Hi all. Last week I have received the March issue of Model Railroader, which I ordered from their Web sites as a free introduction """gift""" to become one of their subscriber. The price on the cover was $4.95us and $6.95cdn. Yesterday I went to a newsstand and checked the price which was $8.95cdn for the same review. No mention of the US price. What's wrong? Thank's for explanation.

Reply to
Brakeman

=>Hi all. =>Last week I have received the March issue of Model Railroader, which =>I ordered from their Web sites as a free introduction """gift""" to =>become one of their subscriber. The price on the cover was $4.95us and =>$6.95cdn. Yesterday I went to a newsstand and checked the price which =>was $8.95cdn for the same review. No mention of the US price. What's =>wrong? Thank's for explanation.

The March issue shows $4.95US, $6.95Can here (I still have 3 copies). All authentic MRs have both US and Canadian prices marked just above the UPC in the lower right corner. Are you sure it was the March issue? The _January_ issue was higher priced, but that for one issue only. What's your location?

Wolf Kirchmeir ................................. If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on this train? (Garrison Keillor)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

I live in Montreal. And it was the March issue, no doubt about that. The price in cdn$ is printed in the lower right corner and there is no mention of the US price.

Reply to
Brakeman

UPC in the lower right corner< Interesting comment using the word "authentic"!

price in cdn$ is printed in the lower right corner and there is no mention of the US price.< Is someone bootlegging MR????????????? Or maybe reprinting at a higher price, which I very much doubt. Sounds like the price went up in Canada!

Reply to
Jon Miller

My March copy says CAN $6.95. Maybe its a Quebec thing?

Bob Boudreau New Brunswick Canada

Reply to
Railfan

I just bought the March issue for $4.95 ($6.95 Can) at the Colorado Rail Museum. I thought it might have been a "special" price for the Museum... like at airports but apparently not.

Carter

Reply to
Carter Braxton

Probably a result of the US$ being so cheap at present! Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Unfortunately not. Only in English, but we can live with that.

Reply to
Brakeman

I picked my copy up in London, Ontario last Friday. In the lower right corner on the front cover it says $6.95 Canadian. I only bought the magazine because it had George Selios' F&SM layout featured. Maybe the mag is $2 cheaper because there are diesels running on George's layout and the structures on the Proto 87 Rogue Bluff feature look like they were painted by a kid. Who knows? Doug

Reply to
Doug

As the Canadian dollar approaches par with the U$, the prices should get closer together, not farther apart, i.e. the Canadian price should come down, as it takes FEWER Canadian $ to equal the U$4.95

$8.95? Sounds like somebody got the exchange rate backward.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

On my subscription copy (Denmark) there is printed on the front page just above the bar code in the lower right corner '$5.95 * 8.95 Canada'. It seems that MR uses different front pages.

Reply to
Erik Olsen

Sorry, that was the January issue.

My March issue copy says '$4.95 * $6.95 Canada'.

Reply to
Erik Olsen

The distributor may order enough copies to get a special cover with the higher price.

Reply to
Raildavid