Help. Blown motor on Trix steamer

Hello

I was giving an slightly older locomotive a run and the motor blew before even getting a quater of the way round my 4' by 9' layout.

Lots of smoke from motor, so I assume it's blown.

Locomotive is a Trix GT2x4/4 - a 0-8-8-0 heavy tank locomotive. It's 2 rail 12 volt dc and I'm having trouble finding a replacment motor.

Also on the box it say BR96 and the number 22512, noty sure if thats a model number or not.

Thanks My Website:

the You Know What to email me!

Reply to
Anthony

The Bavarian GT 2x4/4 Mallet became the DRG BR96.0xx in 1923. The #22512 is the same for motor parts of all cosmetic variations. The motor casing is a part of the frame, so you can't actually replace "the motor". The armature is reasonably common throughout all the "pancake" style mechanisims - a Marklin one is common with the Trix version, but Trix uses a permanent magnet and two sets of stator pressings whereas the Ma version has a double wound field stator on a "U" shaped stator pressing.

It's very unusual for a Ma/Trix armature to burn out or for the commutator to fail An old Ma loco would be a suitable donor.

There are two variations of commutator, flat and drum. (old ones were flat, mid 70s designs on drum) There are armature diameter variations, but most are standard. There are variations of shaft diameter (mostly between 3 and 5 pole motors)(stops you upgrading) There are variations in the number of teeth on the armature shaft, but most are standard.

The brush-plate is reasonably standard, but there are variations to match the armature variations and occassionally differences where loco design demanded variation.

Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Greg Procter

Anthony skriver:

Older ? It is only 10 yers old......

Hopefulle only the rotot part.

Aaaah, a very beuatifull locomotive - with bad driving capabilitiess (remeber vmax=45km/h)

Greg has some god answer for you, I'll try to supplement a little

It is:

Then well find the Marklin version:
must be 37962

Then we jump to

Put in our newly found number (37962) and press "Suchen".

Then you go for the "Erzatatzteilliste" (opens in a new window) and find the rotor part of the motor (number 14) - part number 386820 - Anker at a price of "only" 20 Euros.

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

Hello

The photo of the part number you found on the website dosen't look much like the part I need, it show some rubber bands, a wheel set and something that is maybe an armature, but not the 1 I need, (Very odd).

Locomotive has the pancake type motor.

ARMATURE FOR 6090 Item No.: 386820

My Website:
the You Know What to email me!

Reply to
Anthony

hmm think I may have been mistaken on my previous post. after some playing round the image they show seems to be some generic one and not of the actual item your going to purchase.

rofl :)

My Website:

the You Know What to email me!

Reply to
Anthony

Anthony skriver:

You got to the "exploded view" drawing - correct ?

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

Yes I found the "exploded view" drawing and found the part ok, then found it was going to cost me 50 euros to get the part sent out to Australia. :-(

My Website:

the You Know What to email me!

Reply to
Anthony

Anthony skriver:

Damn - but isnt there anyone in "Aussie" who imports Märklin/Trix ?

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

I have sent an email to one place out here, now just have to wait and see what happens My Website:

the You Know What to email me!

Reply to
Anthony

It's a relatively standard part so you can rob one from a junk Ma model.

Reply to
Greg Procter