Lenz set 02 - Route Control Upgrade?

Hi,
I have just managed to obtain a Lenz set 02 on Ebay. I am aware that this is an older model of DCC starter kit, but it is mostly suitable for my purposes.
I am aware that the Lenz set 90 can be upgraded to support route control by using a Roco 10772 Route control unit, and I was wondering if anyone has used this or a similar unit with the set 02?
Thanks, Danny TB