Miniature oiler from Harbor Freight

So I made a pilgrimage to the place where (practically) all the tools and stuff come from China and are cheap, and ran across a miniature
lubrication pen that looked good, at only two bucks. Got it home, looked at it more closely, saw that it was basically a replica of a technical drawing pen, with a small tube with a wire inside it, the wire attached to a weight inside the nozzle. Fairly crudely made (in India, not China), certainly not crisp and precision-looking like a Rapidograph or Mars, but it looked usable.
One problem was that the wire didn't protrude far enough from the tube to do any good, so I took it apart and ground the tube down on a sharpening stone. For some weird reason it didn't work at all until I almost destroyed it out of frustration by slamming it down on the workbench; after that it worked fine. (I must have just missed smashing the nozzle.)
I recommend this oiler to any model railroad types with locos needing lubrication. I have a couple other oiler pens, and this one actually has the finest tip, perfect for dispensing a tiny drop of LaBelle or whatever potion you like to use.
For some reason, this item (#98850) isn't listed on their web site. It is, howerver, in at least the store I went to (in Newark, California), so is probably in other stores as well.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

<snip>

<snip> I have this picture of a new item for Walthers: a very small replica of an engineer's oilcan....
mark
--
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American
president [sic] of my political lifetime, is surrounded

I use something much nicer (but pricier). I just order a dozen of empty marker pens from http://www.metronusa.com/marker.htm and fill them with several weights of oil . I use the thin tips for light oil and larger tips for heavier oils.
Maybe I should start selling these to model railroaders... :-) Too late - I gave away my secret!
Peteski
Peter W. wrote:

Yes, but they don't have the cachet of an engineer's oilcan, of a size that's usable by human beings (as opposed to scale figures). Mmm, maybe the smallest usable one, with an appropriate spout on the tip....

Yup.
mark
--
How long will it be until we see helicopters evacuating occupation troops
from the US embassy in Baghdad? - Warren

Hey, what do you want - I model in N scale! :-)
Peteski