Must be summer...

Sounds like my idea of a Kentucky winter (outside of the mountains, that is).

Jay The Canada Goose is living proof that birds have cross-bred with cattle and rats.

Reply to
JCunington

Are those geese still 'protected' south of the 49th parallel? Or can you shoot a bunch of them for us canucks? __________________________________________________________________ This email scanned by Norton AntiVirus Drew Bunn Ainsley Specialized Transport Toronto, Ontario Canada bunn snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Drew Bunn

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 23:59:12 -0400, "Drew Bunn" wrote:

We have a goose killing season here in Georgia now, and on Federal land no less. They are no longer Canadian Geese, but rather Georgia Geese as they have chosen to never leave our fair clime. Typical Damn Yankees! The things are a nuisance here because they are established in very large numbers at any place that has so much as a mudhole within a mile or 1.6 kilometre radius. They even eat my grass and s * * t all over my yard, driveway and deck. I put out a considerable quantity of "goose-away" but the bastards just laughed it off and kept right on s * * tting all over everything. They muck-up the water, they crap all over the lawns, picnic areas and tables at parks and have become so maddeningly bold as to steal food off the picnic tables. They will chase small children away from play areas even to the point of biting them if they don't get away quick enough. Several small automobiles in the area have been seriously damaged by the damn things running out into the roadway in the face of oncoming traffic. A Honda Civic does not do well against a 25 pound goose at 50MPH. It almost always ruins the radiator. Oh yes, it kills the goose, but that is small compensation. To make matters even worse, they are not all that good to eat. Dry and slightly tough, goose takes a great deal of work to prepare such that it is a delicacy. The liver, however, is delicious when sautéed in butter and pureed with onion and garlic. I do not know if geese are protected or not. We have many really stupid laws here, mainly as a result of incredibly stupid people with not enough to do. For example: it is perfectly all right to shoot a deer, a squirrel, a rabbit or a pig, cut it up into pieces and devour it. It is quite illegal to do the same to a dog or a cat and, in fact, is considered "cruelty to animals". Stupid.

Captain Handbrake

Reply to
Captain Handbrake

put >out a considerable quantity of "goose-away" but the bastards just laughed it off

tables >at parks and have become so maddeningly bold as to steal food off the picnic >tables.

biting >them if they don't get away quick enough.

They do all that stuff around here too. Try hanging out in one of Toronto's "nice" city parks - ha!

They are up here in The Great White North. At one time back in the 70's, they were placed on the 'list' due to over-hunting. Now they're out of control. You can thank the city for that because all our parks are seeded with Kentucky Blue - they're favorite food no less.

__________________________________________________________________ This email scanned by Norton AntiVirus Drew Bunn Ainsley Specialized Transport Toronto, Ontario Canada bunn snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Drew Bunn

But it's apparently very cool to catch pneumonia... The sad thing is, Jay, it's not just kids you see doing it.

Reply to
Mark Newton

A waste of time. These are people who are too dimwitted to come in out of the rain - or carry umbrellas.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Let's have your gov't talk to my gov't and see if we can't work something out. Mine still needs to be convinced that these things are year-round residents and not migratory. Perhaps we need a summer season when the Canadian Canada geese aren't flying over.

Strange, our state gov't. The Dept. of Natural Resources (DNR - aka Dept of Nazi Rangers) will let hunters shoot mourning doves but not pests. We could feed the poor for months with what we have in our parks.

Jay The Canada Goose is living proof that birds have cross-bred with cattle and rats.

Reply to
JCunington

So I guess that old saw about wisdom coming with age ain't necessarily true any more...like common sense not being so common.

Jay The Canada Goose is living proof that birds have cross-bred with cattle and rats.

Reply to
JCunington

Only months? Either you do have an obesity problem in the country, or I'll gladly ship you more Canada Rats - clearly you don't have enough. We have so many, if the gov't allowed us to start hunting them again, The Daily Bread Food Bank would go out of business.. ha.