Something you don't see everyday

Group, I just was outside and saw a B29 fly over at a low altitude. Very low. I live in the CA bay area and it appeared to be headed north.

Reply to
Jon Miller

Was it HO or N?

Andy

Reply to
Andyroo111
2000

Saw it in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. At first I thought it was a

17 but it didn't look quite right. Then I realized what it was.
Reply to
Ernie Fisch

"Jon Miller" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com... : Group, : I just was outside and saw a B29 fly over at a low altitude. Very low. : I live in the CA bay area and it appeared to be headed north. : Now we have a prototype for a B29 flying over a model train layout dated from September 21, 1942 to the present. They have even flown over Minnesota. Thanks Jon!

Reply to
KTØT

There HAS been a B-17, B-24 and B-25 trio making the rounds of western airports recently....they were at my local airport on display about three weeks ago.

Reply to
Steve Hoskins

Just shows you that those old beasts were built like Mack trucks - like Mack trucks used to be built, that is.. :-)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

There were two old bombers giving pleasure flights from Moffatt Field. A friend was given one by his wife as an anniversary present. He was up for half an hour, and they flew around Mount Diabolo.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

I'm in San Francisco - do you know if they'll be there for a few more days?

Reply to
CowGoesMoo

I don't, I'm sorry. I live in New York and had an excited phone call from an old friend.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Reply to
Jon Miller

Na Garden Scale.

Reply to
Biggus

how come no one is razing he** about this post being off topic???? a B-29 has nothing to do with trains. don't get me wrong i love the old war birds but they are not trains.

Reply to
Fisty Nickle

Click on "Tour Schedule" and you can see where the B-24 and B-17 are ... and will be in coming days...

Reply to
Sean S

Fisty Nickle No one minds the occasional off topic post especially about things that might be interesting to some of the people on RMR. What folks are tired of is the messages intentionally posted to provoke off topic flame wars by trolls, and cross burning Rock Island fans with multiple personality disorders. There so many on topic things to fight about we don't need boring political and social opinion posts. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Not all of us Rock Island fans are cross burners with MPD, are we?

Not me! Me, neither! Nope. Uh-uh. Hell, no. I am.

Ok, well maybe someone in here is.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

No Brian. Just the ones with Multiple Personality Disorders. Didn't mean to besmirch the great Rock Island in anyway. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Let me check in with everybody here to see if we've burned a cross....

Nope.

Good to go. FLAME ON!

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

give it a rest Fisty. Get a life, take that toddler thief of yours and go to a train show somewhere. Most of us might like to see a B-29, in fact, I see one every time I go to my in laws. Marty Hall

Reply to
Marty Hall

Omigawd, set threat level RED!

Reply to