Bachmann 44 tonner

I just bought one(new)And it is noisy.Is this common?

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
robhydro

Yes. Both the old two-motored and the new one-motored are noisy. All Bachmann diesels are noisy. I have several of the old 44 and 70 tonners and I do like them despite the built-in sound system.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

I have a new one and it is no noisier than most other engines I have. Chuck Callaghan snipped-for-privacy@virginia.edu

Reply to
Charles Callaghan

"Charles Callaghan" wrote

How many of your other engines are Kato or Atlas (Roco-made)?

Reply to
Curious

Reply to
Charles Callaghan

yes

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Wolf Kirchmeir wrote in news:gYorc.84601 $ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Thanks for the replies.Was afraid that I might have made a bad buy. Rob

Reply to
robhydro

You probably got the new one-motor design that does have the good point of being (correctly) lower than the old two-motor one. The old one rode too high on the trucks, but those self-contained powered trucks were sort of sought after for kit-bash remotor jobs, like for traction.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95