Mark Newton & Terry Flynn - why don't you just have a fist fight ?

There seem to be many threads here on r.m.r where they seem to just going at it.

Why can't adults just get along here. This group should be about model railroading and full of constant bickering between people.

Just bite your tongue or sit on your hands - I just wish you behaved like intelligent human beings !

I used to think that if everyone had a hobby the world would be a more peaceful place. Well, if I had to judge based on this newsgroup - that is so not-true !

Take your stupid bickering off line ! I would say - go find a hobby - but you both already have one, dammit !!

Sorry for singling you two out - there are many others, but the recent posts I read were all of Mark bitching out Terry.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

By and large, Mark Newton is the larger jerk. In one of their flame fests about two months ago I asked them both by private E mail to stop.

I received back some of the most nasty, insulting, and disgusting E mail I have ever seen from Mark Newton. Insults as to nationality (US); ethnicity (Irish); alleged sexual orientation and other crapola. Newton is a sick, sick, puppy.

No reply from Flynn.

Newton earned a spot in my permanent kill file for both E mail and News.

I expect you will receive similar treatment from Newton.

Good luck.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

On the other hand check Mark's positive contribution to the thread on the 2-10-10-2s. On topic he makes great contributions. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

I have Newton blocked from all news and mail. I have no interest in checking or reading anything he posts.

The only thing I might have an interest in reading about Newton would be his obituary.

I have noticed some very informative items from Dan Mitchell in that thread. Written in a friendly, gentlemanly style that of which Newton is incapable.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

Jim Sick or not they both contribute at lot. I thought you PLONKED them anyway. You sure have been grouchy lately. It seems like all we see from you anymore is reprimands, demerits and then PLONK. Bruce

Bruce Favinger

If the opportunity presented itself, I would happily punch him on the nose.

Now that I've answered your question, Pete Ski, I have one for you.

What do you contribute to the newsgroup?

Reply to
Mark Newton

This is news to me - what do you allege I posted to you?

Reply to
Mark Newton

If that is the case, why complain about my posting here? If, as you claim, you have me blocked, then you couldn't possibly be affected by anything I post.

Reply to
Mark Newton
[sarcasm] Unfortunately, I just can't compete with Jim when it comes to making informative, knowledgeable, on-topic posts. Just look at his recent efforts - brimming with railroad/modelling content.[/sarcasm]
Reply to
Mark Newton

Not that Mark Newton necessarily could not do that, are you sure it was from the _real_ Mark and not from Marty/jepperson/Sir Spank under one of his many false flags?

Reply to
Steve Caple

in article snipped-for-privacy@netnews.comcast.net, Steve Caple at snipped-for-privacy@commoncast.net wrote on 28/05/04 12:29 PM:

I'd like to know how I'm supposed to have known about his so-called ehtnicity?

Reply to
Mark Newton

Well, "Flynn" could be taken as a hint, and when a perv like M/J/SS is looking for something to rag about, and the target isn't non-white (M/J/SS's favorite), I suppose in his (M/J/SS) tiny fevered mind it makes sense to rag on Flynn for being Irish.

Of course, only idiots, old Ku Kluxers, and Back Bay Saxons take Irish heritage as a negative, and anyway there's enough reason to rag on Terry for being, well, Flynn.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Yes, it was the "real" Newton.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

So what do you claim I wrote in my alledged post?

Reply to
Mark Newton

Steve Caple wrote: >

I think it might be this Jim McLaughlin's own ethnicity that he claims I slurred. Either way, I don't have any problems with the Irish. My maternal grandmother was from Belfast, and my wife's father was from a little place near Dublin. I've been to both, and had a ball!

Reply to
Mark Newton

Well Mark,

I DON'T contribute flames, trolling, jabs at other people and constant replies to off-topic discusions. I usually try to stay on-topic within threads.

As for my contributions, you can go to

and search for "Peteski". You should find me going back to 1997 or 1998. I'm sure you know how to do this.

I took a break for few years and when I cam back the signal/noise ratio is really pittyful thanks to people like you.

I'm not trying to play a moderator here. I'm just getting so sick of all the crap I see on the UseNet newsgroups ! If you have personal issues - take it off-line. If you have political issues - take them to the appropriate group ! There is no need for this type of stuff here.

I can now see why many good modelers and posters have moved on to moderated modeling groups. It is really too bad.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Pete Ski, when you demand that others post according to your dicates, you ARE trying to play moderator. The simple solution is to either killfile those who offend you, or simply not read those threads that are obviously OT. When you see a TV program that offends you, do you switch the TV off, or watch it throughout and then complain to the broadcaster afterwards?

If you are unhappy with r.m.r, perhaps it is time for you to do likewise.

Reply to
Mark Newton

No Mark, you are wrong. He is trying to play Dictator.

He would, but the flashing 12:00 on his VCR keeps distracting him.

I do both, I have tried many forums. The best two are RR-Line.com and The-Gauge.com. Most of the others are specialized.

Reply to
<Will

Such as "Gorre and Daphetid"?

I tried to killfile a particular offender once, but his name was too long for my filter to handle. End result is he still shows up, even though I don't want him to.

Jay The Canada Goose is living proof that birds have cross-bred with cattle and rats.

Reply to
JCunington

Point taken. But that thread did reach a stage where it was obviously OT to most people.

Reply to
Mark Newton