Don't you just hate it ...

... when after weeks of planning, you lay your track ... ... you wire it up and test it. ... you fix it down, clean it and test it again ... ... you paint it, clean it and test it again ... ... you ballast it, clean it and test it again ... ... you give the ballast and track a final paint to "grunge it up", clean it ...

... and you get a dead section!

arrrrghhhhh!

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Reminds me of 1968 when I watched an overnight conversion of a Toronto tram route to trolleybus. The trolley wires had been mostly hung ahead of time but not energised. By 0500 when the first service vehicle was due, there was still about a half mile dead section, through which buses had to be pushed by a service truck. They didn't attempt that again!

Reply to
MartinS