Last ad and info

Hello railway fans

Well I am glad to say that this will be the last time I mention this sale here :-) At last my friend is bringing it to a close and any items not sold in about seven weeks will be taken to a local dealer he knows. Please feel free to visit my web site and download a list.

I would like to offer my apologies as I know that in the past my inexperience and enthusiasm to help a friend caused some up set among members due to my ads. Hopefully towards the end you will feel I got it about right?

One interesting point.

A number of members expressed their concern about the sale as they felt it could be seen a business! Due to this I made contact with my local trading standards office and the tax office. They were a great help and we able to offer free e-mail based advice and guidance. They concluded that it was not a business and was not liable for any tax or vat.

Others considering a large long lasting private sale should make contact in the same way so that you can have a settled mind ! I am happy to provide contacts details for those interested but it can easily be found via a search engine.

Thanks again to everyone for all the advice on web site construction and news group etiquette!

-- Kind regards from Mike West Sussex

Mike