Headlights for 00

Hi

Does anyone know of a source of 2mm clear yellow or white LEDs that I could use for 00 headlights? I have looked at a number of suppliers such as Maplin but can't find any.

Cheers

-- Kind regards from Mike West Sussex

Lima sale closes October 1st Price reductions and offers now on!

Mike

The best place for this sort of stuff is Farnell or RS.

Farnell should be reached on:

uk.farnell.com

Look under optoelectronics under \LED\other\ or do search for "LED 2mm" in this category.

Last time I used Farnell, credit card orders are subject to a minimum order of £10.

Reply to
pluto

good advice that thanks

-- Kind regards from Mike West Sussex Lima sale ends soon

Mike

Try Squires Model & Craft Tools, 100 London Road, Bognor Regis, West Sussex, PO21 1DD. tel 01243 842424. LED's are on page 460 to 476 of there catalogue.

Ian gearing

Reply to
Herman613B

Try Squires Model & Craft Tools, 100 London Road, Bognor Regis, West Sussex, PO21 1DD. tel 01243 842424. LED's are on page 460 to 476 of there catalogue.

Ian gearing

Blimey! thats just down the road from me! No Internet site then?

-- Kind regards from Mike West Sussex

Mike

Try here

These are high intensity white which is what you need for headlights. To see some examples of them fitted see my website at
Nick

Reply to
Nick Gurney

Rapid Electronics

have a downloadable catalogue in pdf form. Lots of LEDs in the opto section. IMHO, they're often cheaper than Farnell and almost always cheaper than RS. No minimum order but postage is £3.40 on orders under £25.

Usual disclaimer, I have no connection other than as a satisfied customer.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

These are high intensity white which is what you need for headlights. To see some examples of them fitted see my website at

Nick

Hi Nick

I love the lights on the 08 shunter on your front page. How did you do them?

-- Kind regards from Mike West Sussex Lima sale ends soon

Mike

Mike, They are a combination of miniature LED's and fibre optics and can be independently switched on or off. They are quite difficult to fit compared to other locos due to the lack of space!

Nick

Nick Gurney

I see First Class Trains are doing a diesel lighting kit. It looks good - has anyone had any experience with these kits?

TIA, Dave.

Reply to
Dave Potter