NEED HELP PLEASE - Deemulsifier

My father is an avid model railroader, and has finally acquired a space large enough to permanently set up his O and HO gauge trains. He is preparing the ballast on the layout roadbed. His ballast instructions include a mixture of white glue, water, and a "deemulsifier" to break up the surface tension in the water. Now here is his problem. He knows what deemulsifiers do and what they mean to the whole project, but he doesn't know what to use as the deemulsifier. Can anyone explain what he can use? Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
Joe Friday

A few drops of dish detergent should do the job - that's what I use most of the time. Other times I use alcohol.

Reply to
KTØT

A little liquid hand soap.

Dave Decker

Joe Friday wrote:

Reply to
dsq

Washing up liquid. Use the cheapest you can find, or whatever you might have in the kitchen.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

"Joe Friday" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Liquid hand soap works very well. Use just a few drops. It won't take a lot.

Alcohol also works but takes more skill to use.

Reply to
Buss Error

Dish washing liquid.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

He could get a real esoteric one - Kodak Photoflo

Dale.

Joe Friday wrote:

Reply to
Dale Gloer

Arrrrrgh! Dale, for once on the NG we had a unanimous decision going, and you had to muck it up!

OK, what, 7,8,9 to 1 in favor of liquid soap. Good enough.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Thank you all for the information. I passed it along to my dad and he responded by saying "OF COURSE!!! Why did I not think of that??"

Thanks again!

Reply to
Joe Friday

You're right about that. After 3 or 4 beers, I start making a mess, getting extra ballast into all the frogs, switch points, etc. :Oo

Reply to
Stan de SD

Stan wrote

Well now, let's start looking into ways we might be able to solve this problem....

You say that, "After 3 or 4 beers, I start making a mess....." Hmmmmm. I wonder if..... Naw, that couldn't be the answer.

Let me think about this for a while.

Andy

Reply to
Andyroo111