NEW AUCTION SITE!

THE AUCTION BROTHERS!

Stop paying high listing and ending fee's at the other auction sites. Check out this new auction site! buyer friendly also!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO LISTING FEE'S UNTIL OCTOBER 1ST 2005 ALL YOU PAY IS ENDING IF YOUR ITEM SELLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! for qualified sellers

OFFICIAL LAUNCH DATE 1 APR 2005

THE AUCTION BROTHERS!

snipped-for-privacy@theauctionbrothers.com

Reply to
Larry T. Morgan

Good luck!!!! Only by popular request would I elaborate on how I feel about these on-line auctions and it's effect on the hobby. HZ

Reply to
Howard Zane

hello howard

I have triet it also but got only negetiv comments.

grtx arjan "Howard Zane" skrev i en meddelelse news:1radnQvEWrgPp7 snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
arjan de jong

Elaborate Howard! We need more active discussions going on around RMR! It seems slower than summer time. I like internet stores but I'm not very fond of the auctions. Have internet auctions affected train shows a lot? I'm sure the internet has affected the hobby shops but have auctions in particular really affected them that much? How have auctions affected the brass market? What's had more impact on brass......auctions, the internet shops, or the development of so many new excellent diecast and plastic models? Looking at Brass on Ebay and on various web sites I see that the Sn3 locomotives I purchased around 20 years ago sell for as much as twice what I paid for them but that the HOn3 stuff don't seem to cost much more than it did back then. As far as the hobby goes from my perspective it's much the same as it was along time ago. My local hobby shop is still a great place and well stocked with all the mass produced items and many of the supplies I need but when it comes to specialty items like narrow gauge supplies and many detail parts it's still mail order. But now the mail order catalog or price list is often a website on the internet. Bruce

"Howard Zane" wrote in message news:1radnQvEWrgPp7 snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Well Howard, Ebay and any other auction/internet sites are the only "Hobby Shop" I have where I am. Am I supposed to just drop my interest in the hobby because there is no hobby shop for me to "Hang" in here in Middle Tennessee? When I lived on the west coast, for YEARS I did the train show thing...................I found a pattern. Same people with the same crap for years............... I enjoy the variety I get on the internet and some downright GREAT prices too. Are they stealing a bit of your thunder?

John

Reply to
John Franklin

John, Please read again......'said I would comment about auctions.....'never mentioned pro or con feelings!! My gut tells me that it would serve no purpose to make such comments...so my offer is now rescinded!! HZ

Reply to
Howard Zane

How have auctions affected the brass market?

Bruce my own feeling about brass is that some people, myself included got really fed up with paying OUTRAGEOUS prices for locos that ran like crap. I was going to add an "Alco models" SP MT-2 class 4-8-2 to my SP stuff. I looked at the model from the pilot to the cab, it was warped! I passed on that model! I have had so many brass locomotives that I had to adjust and work on just to get them to run correctly. I called the importers but they are never around and couldn't be reached. The hobby shops I dealt with mostly didn't want to get in the middle of things. I used to be a custom painter but the paints were making me sick so I quit. My point is, if you are going to sell a product for what brass costs nowdays, it better be painted and run like a Rolls. So................I don't buy brass anymore. Since I freelance model now the P2K and Bachmann Spectrum Steamers lend themselves well to my interests.

Reply to
John Franklin

John, I haven't bought any brass for years. The Sn3 stuff runs fantastic. The HOn3 locos though were a mixed bag of nasty campers that always took some time to straighten out with Balboa and a few Key models being the most difficult to deal with. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Buk-buk-buk-buGAWK!

Reply to