NWSL "The Riveter" max sheet thickness

For reason of stiffness I rather not go under brass sheet thickness of 0.5 mm (0.02").
I am afraid that this is too much for the NWSL punch/dye set, but
would appreciate comments from any of you having already tried it. Thanks.

http://www.nwsl.com/ Or you can ask them directly at snipped-for-privacy@nwsl.com
~Pete

Hmm. Apparently my News-server automatically hides email addresses, so just go to the website and look for "CONTACT". That gives you the email addy.
~Pete
On 12/29/2008 11:36 AM Twibil spake thus:

Ackshooly, it doesn't, at least not in the outbound direction; it must only "protect" you from them on incoming messages. Address showed up fine in the message you posted. Weird.
On 12/29/2008 11:36 AM Twibil spake thus:

By the way, it's not "your news server" that's doing this, since you're posting through Google Groups, which uses a web interface. Google's doing it (maybe through a NNTP server somewhere, but that's waaaaay deep inside its guts).

Looks like the original issue of my thread got lost, so allow me to refresh it: do you have any direct experience with riveting thick brass sheet ? Thank you.

No, it didn't "get lost". It's still there at the top of the thread, and anyone who reads the thread at all will read it first and - hopefully- reply if they can help you.
~Pete
On 12/31/2008 9:37 AM gianlepri spake thus:

Sorry 'bout that. No, no direct experience here. However, this person obviously does have that experience: http://www.geocities.com/budb3/arts/meth/rivdet.html
According to him, the maximum sheet thickness usable with The Riveter is 0.02", which is what you were asking about, so it should work OK.
By the way, contrary to what "Twibil" said, there's absolutely *no* information about this product (except for price) on NWSL's strangely-put-together web site.

Nasty little reading comprehension problem you've got there, Dave. It apparently causes you to see what you *want* to see rather than what's actually been written.
In fact, I never said or implied that there was informaton on the product there at the website; just gave the URL and the email addy so the OP himself could go find out.
BTW: you don't exactly make yourself look good by mis-quoting posts that are only a finger-flick away for anyone who cares to check back on what was really said...
~Pete
On 12/31/2008 12:50 PM Twibil spake thus:

By posting that info you implied that there might be information there, which there isn't, which you would have known had you bothered to check the site first. No big deal, but not very helpful.

Only to you; which comes as no surprise.

Dave, if I was aboard a boat with 20 others, the boat sank, and I managed to save only 18 of the others from drowning, you'd promptly opine that I was a lazy good-for-nothing for not saving the other 2.
You invariably go out of your way to attack anything I contribute to this newsgroup if you can possibly find a way to do so, so I give your opinions exactly the weight they deserve; I.E. none.
~Pete
I'll tell you what. I have ordered a rivet set myself. Whe sall see.
On 1/2/2009 3:25 AM gianlepri spake thus:

Good. Please report your findings here when you do.

For HO sized rivets I find that for brass a thickness around a third of the rivet diameter works well and a thickness half the diameter is still practical. A thickness equal to the diameter is obviously as much as the rivetter can theoretically handle and the results aren't always good. For larger scales or huge rivets there has to be a physical limit, but I haven't tried that.
Greg.P. NZ