OO or HO Scale Figures - with TOP HATS

Hi again all

I am trying to track down figures suitable for a Victorian period layout - in particular, the period when folks wore top hats around, so I imagine that to be from around the mid 19th century to the early 20th. if anyone can assist that would be great. I have looked at the Preiser range and will jeep looking, but have not seen specifically, this type of thing so far.

thanks

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Always worth trying which in this case will lead you to and

Regards Keith

Reply to
Keith

These guys have some.......

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

You could take a look at the Airfix cowboys set - You get a few women in long skirts and the blokes can be cut about a bit (removing rifles and sidearms). No one wearing a top hat that I recal. Viviene ??? built a model of Eastbourne (RM late 1960s or early 70s) populated to a large extent by Airfix cowboys. Not ready to run but maybe cheaper than alternatives.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

- 00 Scale Accessories F1 to F11 Victorian/Edwardian Figures in white metal

Reply to
MartinS

message

I think you mean the wagon train set?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

You could well be right! The clothing is from the right era, if you discard those with chaps.

Reply to
Mike Smith

There are a couple of top hat wearers in the Dapol kit of Stephenson's Rocket, but that's probably an expensive way of acquiring them!

These might be of more use:

eg

Arthur Figgis

I got some a few years back, that came with some resin/plaster London buildings from a Dickens scene - not from the model train department.

These seem to come round nearly every Christmas.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

If you're willing to do the work, you can take suitably clad people and add hats with some Sculpey brand clay -- there are also air-hardening clays that work reasonably easily. If you get good enough at it, you can start casting them in resin or white metal. Norm

Reply to
Norm Dresner

Preiser has a wedding party, included in their unpainted sitting figures bulk pack. The coachman, at least, is wearing a topper...

Reply to
Allan Lees

Merten #2156

m>

Reply to
Charles Kimbrough

Langley have already done this.

Reply to
MartinS

Thats a point - Don't Preiser do a set of 'old time folk'?

Reply to
Mike Smith

It really is more fun doing it yourself. Although this might be a hereditary thing as my mother is a sculptor/modeller.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Thanks everyone for the replies - I have turned up a few possibilities, though Merten seem to be the leaders at this point. I would be keen to see Preiser's offering but am having trouble finding anything appropriate through the Walthers site..... maybe there's a better way?

re: making or modifying other figures myself - nice idea, though I would prefer to see some examples professionally done before going at it.

Thanks again for all the links and advice - the search continues

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Yes, I'm sure that Preiser have 19th. cent. figures in their range. Regards, Bill.

Reply to
William Pearce