OO or HO Scale Figures - with TOP HATS

Hi again all
I am trying to track down figures suitable for a Victorian period layout - in particular, the period when folks wore top hats around, so I imagine that
to be from around the mid 19th century to the early 20th. if anyone can assist that would be great. I have looked at the Preiser range and will jeep looking, but have not seen specifically, this type of thing so far.
thanks
Steve
Always worth trying <http://www.scalefour.org/p4links.htm#Traders which in this case will lead you to <http://www.aidan-campbell.co.uk/ and <http://www.dartcastings.co.uk/
Regards Keith
On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 01:12:58 +1000, "mindesign"

These guys have some....... http://www.musketminiatures.com/ Bruce

You could take a look at the Airfix cowboys set - You get a few women in long skirts and the blokes can be cut about a bit (removing rifles and sidearms). No one wearing a top hat that I recal. Viviene ??? built a model of Eastbourne (RM late 1960s or early 70s) populated to a large extent by Airfix cowboys. Not ready to run but maybe cheaper than alternatives.
Mike

if
range
thing
model
I think you mean the wagon train set?
(kim)

You could well be right! The clothing is from the right era, if you discard those with chaps.

www.langleymodels.co.uk - 00 Scale Accessories F1 to F11 Victorian/Edwardian Figures in white metal
--
Martin S.

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 01:12:58 +1000, "mindesign"

There are a couple of top hat wearers in the Dapol kit of Stephenson's Rocket, but that's probably an expensive way of acquiring them!
These might be of more use: http://www.aidan-campbell.co.uk/1_76/1_76_Victorian.shtml eg http://www.aidan-campbell.co.uk/1_76/1_76_full.shtml?img=min035
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 01:12:58 +1000, "mindesign"

I got some a few years back, that came with some resin/plaster London buildings from a Dickens scene - not from the model train department.
These seem to come round nearly every Christmas.

| Hi again all | | I am trying to track down figures suitable for a Victorian period ayout - | in particular, the period when folks wore top hats around, so I imagine that | to be from around the mid 19th century to the early 20th. if anyone can | assist that would be great. I have looked at the Preiser range and will jeep | looking, but have not seen specifically, this type of thing so far. |
If you're willing to do the work, you can take suitably clad people and add hats with some Sculpey brand clay -- there are also air-hardening clays that work reasonably easily. If you get good enough at it, you can start casting them in resin or white metal. Norm

Langley have already done this.
--
Martin S.

wrote...

It really is more fun doing it yourself. Although this might be a hereditary thing as my mother is a sculptor/modeller.
(kim)
mindesign wrote:

Preiser has a wedding party, included in their unpainted sitting figures bulk pack. The coachman, at least, is wearing a topper...
Merten #2156
mindesign wrote:

Thats a point - Don't Preiser do a set of 'old time folk'?
Thanks everyone for the replies - I have turned up a few possibilities, though Merten seem to be the leaders at this point. I would be keen to see Preiser's offering but am having trouble finding anything appropriate through the Walthers site..... maybe there's a better way?
re: making or modifying other figures myself - nice idea, though I would prefer to see some examples professionally done before going at it.
Thanks again for all the links and advice - the search continues
Steve

Yes, I'm sure that Preiser have 19th. cent. figures in their range. Regards, Bill.