Long shot - ECR livery?

Anyone happen to know what the loco and coach livery used on the original Eastern Counties Railway might have been?
Mike

According to Carter, first engines (1856) were light green, black banding, white lining. Buffer beams, green; frames, chocolate.
In 1865, after absorption into the GER, loco colour was chaged to darker green. A few locos (51, 60, 291, and the T-7s)) were painted chrome yellow.
First mention of coach livery is the early (1871) GER varnished teak.
Hope this helps!

It certainly does, many thanks for taking the trouble!
Regards
Mike

I'd be kind of cautious about Carter's book, it contains a great many errors which will become obvious as you go through it. Was the ECR not part of the GER from about 1862? Why not try the GER Association?
Alistair Wright

Thanks - Tried their website but nothing on ECR liveries - I wanted the info as on alt.binaries.pictures.rail Chris Tolley posted a scan from a book c1910 showing Ariel's Girdle, credited in the book as the first railmotor. I fancied trying a drawing but the drawing in the book is an etching.
I was slightly surprised about the green buffer beams - I thought the red buffer beam replaced a chap with a red flag on a horse some years earlier.
Regards
Mike

Every time I cite Carter's book, someone always pours cold p*** on it. Funny thing is, they seldom seem to be able to do better !
Can anyone point to specific errors in the book?

Railway Guide books of the Eastern Counties Railway
http://www.cam.ac.uk/societies/curc/eagle/61/ul.htm
http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/stations/b/bishopsgate/index.shtml
http://www.urban75.org/london/ongar.html
http://www.mnr.org.uk/about/history.html