PSC On30 K-27

More good news for NG fans. According to a post on the On30 Conspiracy group PSC will be coming out with a diecast and plastic On30 K-27 DCC ready and designed for easy conversion to On3 possibly with sound. OK manufacturers who else is going to jump into On30? Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Does PSC have a website where we can check this out?

Reply to
Frank Eva

Good Morning All,

Bruce you asked about who might be the next manufacturer to come to the narrow point of view aka On30. I am not sure who might be next but lets share some ideas. While most of the posts lately have been around the C-16 from Broadway Limited - an engine that is on my list for purchase - I think it would nice to hear from people as to what else they would like to see produced in On30. Now I know that there is a fair amount available now....but I mean something that is not necessarily at a level that craftsman type skills are required to convert a current product or assemble. In the engine world, I personally would love to see EBT mikes offered. Also a nice C-25 would sell. In the rolling stock world, a steel hopper like the EBTs and a reefer. A caboose similar to the Bachmann but a bit longer, and a caboose like the ones used out west on the D&RGW would be nice. Back to the engines, A nice small articulated such as the Little River 2-4-4-2 or Sierra 2-6-6-2 would be outstanding. I would also like to see someone like Micro Engineering do flex track and switches. I have a few pieces of the Peco On30 flex and a couple of switches. While the quality is there, the ties on the flex track and switches are only 5 scale feet in length and 6 or 6 1/2 foot ties looks much nicer(at least to me). So there are some thoughts. Since I am laid up from work with a bad foot for the next 5 weeks, I am sure I could ponder and come up with more ideas.

Bob

Reply to
EBTBOB

PSC or Bachman?

I heard from the local hobbyshop owner that Bachman is doing a On30 K-27

-Hudson

Reply to
Hudson Leighton

[snip]

Micro-Engineering have On30 flex, in codes 70, 83 and 100. No turnouts though...

John Dennis

Reply to
John Dennis

Hudson,

I have heard nothing about Bachmann doing a K27. Of course, there has been rumors for more than a couple of years now. Let's just hope that the Broadway Ltd C16 will spur on other entrys from other manufactures in that wonderful scale of On30.

Bob

Reply to
EBTBOB

Where on their site? All I could find was the Gas-Mechanical.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

That's it the Gas Mechanical......Diesels, Gas Mechanical, Electric, Critters..... all the same to me. If it's not steam its not a locomotive :) Bruce.

Reply to
Bruce Favinger