Quick question

What is the name of that layout that
is about a foot wide, and 4 to 6 feet long, and basically is a switching
game?
I am looking for plans on Google, but can't get the right words in there. A
link to a site of plans would also be great. Thanks:-)
Tom
Reply to
Tom
"Timesaver".
Tom wrote:
Reply to
Gregory Procter
Kinda sounds like John Allen's portable switching layout/game. Much is written about and by Allen...should be easy to find. HZ
Reply to
Howard Zane
Sounds like John Allen's "Timesaver"...
Reply to
Joe Ellis
Could also be an Inglenook. Named after Alan Wright's Inglenook Sidings layout. A minimal switching yard with typically just two turnouts.
It is describes at:
Alan has built and exhibited these in OO and O scales.
Reply to
Christopher A. Lee
There are two that I'm familiar with. One is John Allen's "Timesaver" which is popular in the states, and the other is the "Inglenook", popular in Britain.
IMNSHO, the Timesaver is better suited to contests, while the Inglenook is more of a brain-teaser for a single operator.
Either can be turned into a scenicked layout with a little work but the Inglenook seem to me to look more realistic because of its simpler track plan.
Reply to
Larry Blanchard
=A0=A0=A0=A0What is the name of that layout that is about a foot wide, and 4 to 6 feet long, and basically is a switching game? I am looking for plans on Google, but can't get the right words in there. A link to a site of plans would also be great. Thanks:-) Tom ---------------------------------------------------- Here ya' go:
History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:
Bill
Are you thinkin of the "Timesaver"?