Re: Custom Sound Module for scenery needed

James, Check the following;

and

You didn't say if you use DCC or not but the new version of the CVP accessory decoder AD4 can allow you to turn sounds on and off as if you were throwing a switch. I think the new version will allow 8 items to be controlled this way! The "LocoNet Fast Clock" Logic Rail Technologies will program _events_ over LocoNet.

Many folks with DCC use a booster to control their switch motors but new realize that many things on the layout can be controlled with that booster.

Reply to
Jon Miller

Jay Cunington wrote: Could you use the sound chips from those recordable picture frames or stuffed animals? I'm thinking if you replaced the mike for recording purposes, and replaced the speaker with something bigger (with a possible amplifier) for output. That should be a fairly low-budget option with a minimum of work. They're battery powered, but that could be worked around also.

---------------------------------------------------- Yep! That's how I did my inexpensive sound. You can attach them to an 8 ohm speaker from old radios, tape players, etc. or computer speakers. An

8 ohm, 5 watt speaker needs no additional amplification.

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

I have considered the modules like you describe. I have a Radio Shack

20 second one like this

I am trying to decide how I might disconnect the speaker which doubles as a microphone to record sound files from the computer. My computer has a headphone jack. Would the impedance and voltage levels be compatable?

Thank you for the replies, they have led me to some new sources. To answer an earlier question, I am not planning to use DCC (digital command control) on the layout. I don't know enough about it.

James D. Keeline San Diego, CA

Reply to
James D. Keeline

Got me. My electronics knowledge doesn't understand the concept, although I get as far as E=IR and P=RI^2 before I bog down.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington