Re: Philippine-American War

Am Fri, 1 Jun 2007 11:09:33 UTC, schrieb Borked Pseudo Mailed auf uk.railway :

Philippine-American War

As interesting as this is, it is not part of the topics covered by "uk.railway", and probably neither "aus.rail" or "aus.cars".

Move it to another column.

Cheers, L.W.

Reply to
L ü ko Willms

Wherever they conquered, Americans neglected railways.Result Philippines railway was derelict until quite recently, when there are signs it might be recovering.

Reply to
GeorgeMatthewsUK

Interesting. I once waited for a train in the Philippines (Quezon Province to Manila) but when it was an hour late I gave up and caught the bus.

Actually, the USA built and ran some wonderful railways in the decades before they began to neglect them. And I had thought that the railways of the Philippines dated from the period of US colonial rule.

Reply to
david_r98

The USA contributed to the allied victory in Europe after WWII. And I thought that Germany had some excellent railways, including in the former American zone.

Reply to
david_r98

The Germans got their railways back in 1950.

Reply to
Greg Procter