Re: Projects [was: test]

"Frank A. Rosenbaum" wrote in news:U7qdncUlgvwERGXanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

> > It's a shame the test didn't count. It was taken in vein. > > Now, what projects does everyone have going on their railroad? > > Mine is upgrading the wiring at the 'club' I go to. > Seems like a neverending story, don't it? >

If you didn't wire the layout according to a well thought out plan, you're going to be messing with the wiring quite a bit. I've completely rewired mine twice now. (Once was to establish block control, the other was a change to heavier wire and Power Pole connectors between modules.) When you've only got 12' of layout, rewiring is easy.

What I'd like to do is get more familiar with DCC wiring and help my club solve some of the electrical problems and do some upgrades. Right now, just about everything is powered from the same DCC bus. When someone's train picks a switch, the whole layout stops.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I can safely say that I had no part in the original wiring. I only joined the group a year ago January. The RR was block control until they went to DCC.

For your club, the first thing to do is to divide the rr into power districts either with more boosters, or circuirt breakers.

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

"Frank A. Rosenbaum" wrote in news:avSdnRzkjP_Nb2XanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

*trim*

The club and layout have been around for several decades, so I've had no part in its wiring either.

There was an article in MR about DCC circuit breakers fairly recently. It definately sounds like a good start in isolating the yards. I wonder how much block wiring is left under the layout... That might be a good starting point for circuit breaker placement.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper