Rock Island Locomotive

I received a photo of a futuristic looking streamlined locomotive with Rock Island on the side. I presume it is from the 1930s and wonder if anyone
can lead me to a source of more information. With thanks in advance VIN

anyone
I can think of two possibilities. If it is indeed 1930's, it is probably one of the original EMD "TA" locomotives used on the early "Rockets". These looked more or less like an "F" unit, with a more sloping nose, and more low-slung, riding on two axle MCB type trucks.
The other possibility is 1960s. The Rock Island wound up with one (or 2?) of the GM "Aerotrain" sets after they didn't attract any other buyers. A picture of these is at:
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/ri/ri4ark.jpg
One of the ex-RI Aerotrains is now at the museum in Green Bay. Geezer.
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 17:57:06 -0500, Geezer wrote:

Those always make me think of two things: those "Your Atomic Kitchen of Tomorrow" articles in early '50s Popular Mechanics and such; and Edsels.
Makes you realize where Roger Smith was comning from, and why Flint is a virtual ghost town.
--
Steve

Nils Nelson wrote:

Rock Island (and other roads) had several "futuristic" looking locos. Post the pic to alt.binaries.pictures.rail, and ask for help there.
I received a photo of a futuristic looking streamlined locomotive with Rock Island on the side. I presume it is from the 1930s and wonder if anyone can lead me to a source of more information. With thanks in advance VIN --------------------------------------------------------- Might be GM's Aerotrain.
Joe Sherlock's website has pix of the Aerotrain (in PRR colors) and story:
http://www.joesherlock.com/train-layout.html
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire http://www.billsrailroad.net