Searching for the perfect casting resin

Thanks for the reply Norm (and Jon too), so it sounds like its worth a try, just have to experiment a bit ...

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor

I've had this problem as well, and had to experiment until I found an assortment of materials that would give me consistent results.

Eventually, I went to using no mold release agent, for a number of my castings - castings that were single or small batches cured more evenly, and while sometimes the mold was damaged - by that time I was done with the number of castings I needed to make.

Anthony Albert

Reply to
Anthony J. Albert

| | I've had this problem as well, and had to experiment until I found an | assortment of materials that would give me consistent results. | | Eventually, I went to using no mold release agent, for a number of my | castings - castings that were single or small batches cured more | evenly, and while sometimes the mold was damaged - by that time I was | done with the number of castings I needed to make. | | Anthony Albert

Yup! That's my solution too. Thanks for adding your voice to the "Incompatibility Chorus" -- maybe some manufacturer will get the message someday.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Dresner