Seeking advanced help on resin casting

For the bubble problem, are the bubbles in random places or are they always in one place? If the former, get a bell jar and vacuum all of your resin after mixing to
get the bubbles out. You'll be supprised at how much the resin will bubble when you put it under vacuum so make sure that you put the resin in a large enough container. For the bell jar, you don't need the high vacuum diffusion pump, just a decent rotary pump so your costs won't be all that much. Pressure casting will also help to get the resin into all of the places if you are having problems with bubbles in consisten spots and you may have to modify the molds so that the air can get out of those places. I found that in plastic injection molding that sometimes you need to run a slight depression to certain areas of the mold to get a full flow on long thin sections to get the air out. You don't need much, just a wipe with 600 grit paper to get the necessary space with aluminum.

    If you get a chance drop by Bandai and catch their trick of molding parts in several colours. Now that is some tricky molding.
                                cat
Yes, I've seen those sci-fi robot part trees and yes, I'm very impressed!
I've seen similar techniques used on come common household items. I don't recall which at this point, but I remember thinking that it was made just like those Bandai models.
Peteski