Seeking advanced help on resin casting

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 02:31:56 GMT, "J Barnstorf" purred

Okay but there will be no PDF or images since these are for a members only group. I am still wondering exactly what kind of mold is being envisioned for the thin section parts. Also need to know what kind of casting material is to be used. Once I know the details I can address the problems. Also it would be nice to know if the parts are to be produced commercially or just for small run home use.

cat

Reply to
cat

cat spake thus:

I assume you're addressing me, the O.P. here?

I'm planning on using a simple flat mold, very shallow, of RTV silicone. I'm trying to cast windows. The material is one of the things I need help with; all I know is that I want to use some kind of casting resin. It needs to be fairly strong (both tensile and flexure strength) so the little bitty pieces don't break trying to demold them.

This is strictly for my own entertainment. If I were planning on producing this commercially, I'd probably be thinking more along the lines of injection molding.

By the way, I sent you 2 email messages but never heard from you. Wassup?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

By the way, have you removed that wart yet? hehehe...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano