Silicone rubber for mold making question tia Sal

Greetings All
I'm looking for a local supplier for silicone rubber for mold making
Example of stuff I'm looking for
http://www.hobbycast.net/siliconerubber.htm
Does anyone know if Home depot or Lowes sells something like it under a different name? I would like to run down to the local store and pick some up at a moments notice instead of waiting 3 days to get more in case I run out.
PS: I've tried using Plaster of Paris but I need the flexability of silicone rubber
TIA Sal

    No Home Despot would have no use for it. remember silicone compound has a decided shelf life and if you don't sell a lot you take a loss when the shelf date expires. You will find a local supplier only if you are near a large city where sufficient demand exists for a specialty company selling it commercially to exist.     Personally I go to Burman's when I need small amounts like a gallon but use Silicones Inc otherwise. I ignore the companies who just repackage and sell to others at a large markup like Smooth On and the other hobby companies. Silicones Inc or Burmans will sell you amounts as small as a pint and still cost less then the hobby repackagers.
                                cat
On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 03:52:39 -0800, cat wrote:

Silicones Inc have no sales page, and offer me a "local" distributor over 500 miles south of here. How do you order from them?
Do you have a web page for Burmans? Googling "burmans silicone" found some references to them, but no company web page.
--
Steve

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:28:03 -0800, Steve Caple

    I used to contact them directly when I was still in the east. Now they have a supplier less than 10 miles away so I only talk direct when I need some made to special specs.

    Again these are guys I either call or just drop in on. they are well known in the movie industry and supply most special effects houses (they are FX guys, too and can be very helpful to newcomers) I believe their web page is http://www.burmanfoam.com .
                                cat