Spectrum Endorsement

Bachman had done it again!

In addition to building great Spectrum products, they back them with one of the best service departments of any company I know. Over the years, I've return several products to Bachman for service, once for a broken wire, once for a part that just wore out, and a couple of times for damage that I had caused, and each time they've repaired or replaced the damaged unit quickly and with no hassle. I've dealt with Sonny and Bridget and they're both great people to work with.

In this day of caveat emptor, it's refreshing to find a company that their products with the kind of service that attracts and holds customers. I won't hesitate to buy from them again and I can, and do, heartily recommend Bachman Spectrum to other model railroaders without reservation.

Jeff Dippel

Reply to
Carter Braxton

While I agree that Bachmann customer support and warranties are excellent, the overall design and quality is still not what I would expect (at least in N scale).

I would rather have a good quality product in the first place, so that way I wouldn't have to get it serviced.

While it is no longer the "toy quality" stuff we used to assiciate with them a while back, it is not even close in quality and design to Life-Like and Model Power. IMO, both of those companies now qualify as model (not toy) manufacturers. But Bachmann... hmmm...

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Go find a scrap metals place in your area. If they don't have any, then ask them who is getting scrap metal from the railroads in your area. You might also want to check with any railroad museums in the area as they may have extras that they don't need. The things are in the 300lb range so plan on having a buddy or two with you when you go pick one up. Another is to place a want ad in graigslist and other such places and see what pops up.

Bob May

Bob May wrote:

I don't see the connection between theoriginal post and the reply.

Reply to
RobertVA

I think that the response was intended for the "Buying a switch stand" post

Jeff

Reply to
Carter Braxton

Wonder how that happened! I was indeed responding to the switch stand post and somehow it got misrouted to this thread which I didn't read yesterday as it interesting to me. Sorry about the gogfup, even if it wasn't me that did it.

Bob May

It's easy to have a top notch service department when you use all the money you save from not having a quality control department or a decent design department.

Eric

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan

Model Power? Are you sure? Their regular line is the old AHM Mehano built locomotives, or at least the diesels are.

Or are you talking about their Mantua line?

Eric

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan

"Wonder how that happened! I was indeed responding to the switch stand post and somehow it got misrouted to this thread which I didn't read yesterday as it interesting to me. Sorry about the gogfup, even if it wasn't me that did it."

Well obviously the R.M.R server confused scap with crap so it naturally sent it to the Bachmann thread. :-)

Eric

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan

" snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com"

And exactly how many Spectrum locos do you own and exactly how many have you had problems with?

Just trying to establish how you came to this conclusion.

-- Cheers

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Yes, MP. But in N scale. They've came out with some pretty good steam locos. Amazing, isn't it? And AFAIK, Mechano is long dead.

And I realize that N scale is OT for the original thread but I couldn't resist commenting on Bachmann in genaral.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

The pickup mechanism in the USRA heavy and light 4-8-2s is not very robust and easily damaged. The 2-8-0 is much better.

Reply to
Mountain Goat

I've got nine Bachmann Spectrum locomotives and all of them operate well and look good. I have a P2K 0-8-0 that gave me lots of trouble until I added tender pick ups and it cost more than any of the Bachmanns. Bruce

" snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

"And exactly how many Spectrum locos do you own and exactly how many have you had problems with?

Just trying to establish how you came to this conclusion."

I've had about a half dozen. The ones I still own have been repowered with athearn trucks and their and other people's can motors.

The shells aren't too bad. If you want a phase III H-16-44 it's really the only way to get one short of brass or serious scratchbuilding.

Eric

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan