Spectrum Endorsement

Bachman had done it again!
In addition to building great Spectrum products, they back them with one of the best service departments of any company I know. Over the years, I've
return several products to Bachman for service, once for a broken wire, once for a part that just wore out, and a couple of times for damage that I had caused, and each time they've repaired or replaced the damaged unit quickly and with no hassle. I've dealt with Sonny and Bridget and they're both great people to work with.
In this day of caveat emptor, it's refreshing to find a company that their products with the kind of service that attracts and holds customers. I won't hesitate to buy from them again and I can, and do, heartily recommend Bachman Spectrum to other model railroaders without reservation.
Jeff Dippel
While I agree that Bachmann customer support and warranties are excellent, the overall design and quality is still not what I would expect (at least in N scale).
I would rather have a good quality product in the first place, so that way I wouldn't have to get it serviced.
While it is no longer the "toy quality" stuff we used to assiciate with them a while back, it is not even close in quality and design to Life-Like and Model Power. IMO, both of those companies now qualify as model (not toy) manufacturers. But Bachmann... hmmm...
Peteski
Peteski wrote:
Model Power? Are you sure? Their regular line is the old AHM Mehano built locomotives, or at least the diesels are.
Or are you talking about their Mantua line?
Eric
snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com wrote:

Yes, MP. But in N scale. They've came out with some pretty good steam locos. Amazing, isn't it? And AFAIK, Mechano is long dead.
And I realize that N scale is OT for the original thread but I couldn't resist commenting on Bachmann in genaral.
Peteski
Go find a scrap metals place in your area. If they don't have any, then ask them who is getting scrap metal from the railroads in your area. You might also want to check with any railroad museums in the area as they may have extras that they don't need. The things are in the 300lb range so plan on having a buddy or two with you when you go pick one up. Another is to place a want ad in graigslist and other such places and see what pops up.
>> Carter Braxton wrote: >> >> Bachman had done it again! >> >> In addition to building great Spectrum products, they back them with >> one of >> the best service departments of any company I know. Over the years, >> I've >> return several products to Bachman for service, once for a broken >> >> wire, once >> for a part that just wore out, and a couple of times for damage that >> I had >> caused, and each time they've repaired or replaced the damaged unit >> quickly >> and with no hassle. I've dealt with Sonny and Bridget and they're >> >> both >> great people to work with. >> >> In this day of caveat emptor, it's refreshing to find a company that >> their >> products with the kind of service that attracts and holds customers. >> I >> won't hesitate to buy from them again and I can, and do, heartily >> >> recommend >> Bachman Spectrum to other model railroaders without reservation. >> >> Jeff Dippel
Bob May wrote:

I don't see the connection between theoriginal post and the reply.
I think that the response was intended for the "Buying a switch stand" post
Jeff

ask
might
have
you
see
Wonder how that happened! I was indeed responding to the switch stand post and somehow it got misrouted to this thread which I didn't read yesterday as it interesting to me. Sorry about the gogfup, even if it wasn't me that did it.
Bob Wrote:
"Wonder how that happened! I was indeed responding to the switch stand post and somehow it got misrouted to this thread which I didn't read yesterday as it interesting to me. Sorry about the gogfup, even if it wasn't me that did it."
Well obviously the R.M.R server confused scap with crap so it naturally sent it to the Bachmann thread. :-)
Eric
It's easy to have a top notch service department when you use all the money you save from not having a quality control department or a decent design department.
Eric
" snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com"

And exactly how many Spectrum locos do you own and exactly how many have you had problems with?
Just trying to establish how you came to this conclusion.
-- Cheers
Roger T.
On Fri, 26 May 2006 10:43:37 -0700, "Roger T."

The pickup mechanism in the USRA heavy and light 4-8-2s is not very robust and easily damaged. The 2-8-0 is much better.
--

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement
of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent
Roger wrote:
"And exactly how many Spectrum locos do you own and exactly how many have you had problems with?
Just trying to establish how you came to this conclusion."
I've had about a half dozen. The ones I still own have been repowered with athearn trucks and their and other people's can motors.
The shells aren't too bad. If you want a phase III H-16-44 it's really the only way to get one short of brass or serious scratchbuilding.
Eric
I've got nine Bachmann Spectrum locomotives and all of them operate well and look good. I have a P2K 0-8-0 that gave me lots of trouble until I added tender pick ups and it cost more than any of the Bachmanns. Bruce
message