The next vehicle for rail fanning only!

Don't know what it costs, but it can get you anywhere you need to go to chase trains.
http://www.internationaldelivers.com/site_layout/XTFamily/cxt.asp
The ultimate muscle car for sure. Froggy,
Froggy @ thepond..com wrote:

The pickup body gives one room to carry the cash needed to pay for fuel!
Still, it's a neat truck!
Dan Mitchell ===========
Froggy:
Whatever the company says about the alleged usefulness of this 'factory kitbashed' monstrosity, I am 99.44% sure that the CXT is nothing but a promotional gag. Some clever fellow at Navistar or whatever IH is called now bought a pile of (probably overstock or leftover) truck beds from Ford or Chevy and hatched this nefarious plot -- and all the argument back and forth about the 'coolness' and 'wastefulness' of this extremely short-run critter have certainly gotten the company name into the papers, no? Give that man a promotion...
Cordially yours: Gerard P.
P.S. Shouldn't the ultimate railfan vehicle have Hy-Rail wheels?
On 7 Dec 2005 07:19:22 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu wrote:

Thank you for your positive, upbeat summation on this vehicle. I can tell that you would really like to be able to have one.

Not unless you wish to die an early and spectacular death. Watching trains and commiting suicide are not necessarily the same thing. Froggy,
Froggy@thepond..com wrote:

Froggy:
I thought I _was_ being positive and upbeat. It's a brilliant marketing idea! And I stick with my ultimate railfan vehicle. Ultimate means 'furthest, with nothing beyond', and I can't see any further railfanning taking place after a head-on train collision...
Cordially yours, Gerard P.
Actually saw a road test of it last weekend on one of those automotive magazine shows. There's the "4By" version and then a cheaper 2wdrive version.
snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu wrote:

Cheaper being a relative term.... Bill

Froggy Right at 100K. 10 miles to the gallon diesel. If you've ever hauled a stock trailer and a dozen horses with a dually one can really appreciate a truck like this. They just usually don't have a pick up bed. But then a pickup bed or a flat bed could make them useful for things besides pulling a trailer and for railfanning too. If you've got to have a big truck it sure beats something like an H2. Never the less I want one of these with infrared cameras and all. http://jeepin.com/news/rescue/index.asp Bruce

chase trains.

I am a Jeep-guy myself. Own several of them. That is my kind of Jeep. In fact, I'd rather have it than the truck if I had to choose. A Jeep-R for me and a Jeep Commander for the Mrs. We'd both like that. I could get the truck for heavy work, like hauling manure for the garden.
Nice thing about a diesel is that you don't necessarily have to use fuel that is derived from oil. You can make your own from a modified septic tank ;-P
Froggy,
neighbour has one in black cool to drive. Jay Leno owns one in Blue
director competitor to GMC Topkick and Chevy Kodiak both of which come in that same style of truck with a Duramax diesel.
USA friend has a C5500 Kodiak in red with Stacks and a pickup box. see them at the Dream cruise in Detroit all the time.
IF I had the $$$ :o)
--
Audacia et Fortitudo
soldiering is "a profession . . . based on nobility and selflessness."